Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Sandlot Collaboration

My boy Hernan had a collaboration in mind between me and him. He was having a show coming up and wanted a joint piece in the exhibit. I was stoked, he does great work and his style is so opposite of mine it just made sense that it come out looking nicely, like a plane crashing into the sea.
He proposed we do our version of the scene from The Sandlot where the baseball goes over the fence.
He painted his part, than I added mine and lastly he put finishing touches on his selection.

This is what Hernan originally painted and brought to me


As soon as I got it I masked his work, I did that because 60-70% of my work is done with spray-paint so techniques like masking are a big part of my craft, especially when I want to avoid getting overspray on things
    

This is what my paintings start out like, masked off areas, blue tape and splatters of color


De-masked canvass prior to details added and brush work


Work in progress


My part of the painting is done in this photo



Finished Product






No comments:

Post a Comment