Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day of the Piper

Yesterday can be summoned up as a series of adjoined events. Reading the News in the morning I came across a story about how the new progressive animal control law in Washington DC (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dc/2010/10/citys_critters_win_protections.html) has led to the city being overrun by rodents. Later in the day I was hanging out with my friend Robert and during our conversation he updated me on his mouse problem, at first happily informing me that the animals had left, until his girlfriend informed him that she found new mouse dropping last week. He was bummed, especially since he promised his niece, who recently got a mouse as a pet, that he would not harm the critter. After visiting with Robert I headed to Bobby Bath's house to work on some canvasses. After working on the bird one I decided to paint a mouse as a salute to the theme of the day. Right as I finish and start packing up, I notice something small and grey scurrying across the floor under the table


No comments:

Post a Comment