Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Work

My man Lopan called me last weeks monday to get me on another show in Reno, at club Wurk. It is much appreciated when your friends keep you in mind for events. Here are the first three complete paintings I have done for the exhibit, I might do one or two more.

 
I was exploring the idea of LA Noir with this painting. It is much smoother, more blended and less sloppy that my usual garbage. The painting missed the mark a bit, I think, but thanks to that I might attempt exploring the subject again.  



I recently found these pictures online that looked like they were taken by a digital camera gone bad. Only part of the picture was realistic, the rest was a rainbow of digital chaos. I knew trying to paint that would be difficult, due to the differing nature between pictures and paintings but since it will be club kids that look at the paintings I figured why not see where the road takes me. I'm not sure what I think of the finished piece, I think hearing others oppinion of it might help.



This painting was derived from a photograph I saw on Church of Choppers. The picture aroused such a timeless West Coast flavor that I had to paint my interpretation of it. The face was omitted because I wasn't trying to capture a person but an attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment