Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Motorcycle Diaries

I originally painted this painting earlier in the year. I got the canvas at a farmers market, it was one of those awful motel room paintings. I prefer used canvases and this one was big (for me) I believe 3' by 4'. Before I could paint it I had to sand down the texture that made up the abstract splatter bullshit. That was a mission in itself because it was not paint but what seemed like some kind of plastic material. It took a Dremel, elbow wax and 4 hours of work, and the finished job still left a lot to be desired. I liked the original version but when I got a call from my boy about a exhibit show in Reno I decided to change it up a bit, add some color cause the spot was a live club and I did not want to have to bring it back home. In the end the painting did not go to Reno because it didn't fit, but a few weeks later a guy contacted me about purchasing a painting. This one happened to be the only one I had at home that I thought was finished, but after staring at it for a bit I decided the guy deserved a better version of the canvas, so I added the apparition, leaving it to the viewer to add a story or meaning to it. 
Here are the three versions, excuse the color change, blame clouds and my inability to take good pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment