Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Recycling

My favorite canvasses are those that come post-used. I am actually planning on re-using all the canvasses I did earlier this year and last year(having already done a few). I also have been known to re-use canvasses given to me, which sometimes irritates those who pained them but as I see it I'm just appreciating them in my own personal way. This canvass I bough used, it was one of those shitty hotel pieces designed to inspire a person to dislike staying in hotels. It had some texture on it which I semi sanded down, I couldn't get rid of it fully because it was composed of some kind of plastic material which my Dremel, or my lungs,couldn't tackle too well. I painted it once but I am going to show it in Reno this weekend so I tweaked it a bit, here are the old and new versions

No comments:

Post a Comment